We’re committed to protecting your data.
How we handle data and privacy with our partners.
Effective Date: January, 2020.
This Privacy Statement explains the ways Okra collects, uses, and shares personal information about a Visitor or Developer (“you”) in connection with your access to or use of Okra’s websites and our products and services (collectively, “Services”), and in connection with any other information We (“Okra”) collect when you interact with us.
Okra values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal information is treated. As such, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that is provided to us or collected by us during the course of our business, as well as the personal information we receive from visitors to our website.
Type of Data we collect
Okra collects the information you directly provide, such as the information you share when you create a developer account, update your profile, fill out our contact forms, sign up for our emails, request customer support, enroll in billing, execute a services agreement, complete a compliance questionnaire, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect from you include full name, email address, company name, RC Number, address, phone number, driver’s license, date of birth, taxpayer identification number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information Okra Receives When You Test Our Technology
You may provide us with login information for your bank account or other financial account to test and evaluate how our technology will appear and operate in your applications. If you test our service in this way, Okra collects information from your financial account as further described in our [End-User Privacy Statement].
Information Okra Collects When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
Log Information: We collect log files when you use our Services, which include the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, and your IP address.
Approximage Location: We derive the approximate location of the device you use to access our Services from your IP address.
Purpose of collection of personal data
Okra collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our Services. We use that information:
- To carry on/operate, improve, and develop our Services;
- To verify the identity of you and other members of your company;
- To bill developers for our Services and to transmit payment;
- To comply with law, such as for tax reporting purposes;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- To respond to your comments, questions, inquiries, and customer service requests;
- To help personalise the Services experience for you;
- To communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered or sponsored by Okra, and to provide news and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- To try detecting and preventing fraud, malicious activity, and other illegal activities;
- To protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Okra and others; and for any other purpose described to you when the information was collected.
Our legal basis for Processing
Okra’s legal basis for processing your information largely depends on the nature of the information and the context in which we collected or processed it. Okra will normally only collect and process your information where:
- You have given your consent to do so;
- We need to fulfill our responsibilities and obligations in any contract or agreement with you (for example, to comply with our services agreements);
- To comply with our legal obligations under applicable law;
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, to safeguard our services; to communicate with you; or to provide or update our services).
How Okra collects and stores your personal information
Okra collects information from you as part of the registration or application process with us or in the course of providing our services. Okra also collects your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including our websites and email communications sent to and from Okra.
How Okra shares your Information
Okra shares information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement:
- With Okra service providers, partners, contractors, or vendors, including collection agencies in the event of delinquent payments from our developers;
- If Okra believes in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), including in connection with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- If Okra believes your actions are inconsistent with applicable agreements or policies between us, or to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Okra or others;
In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, or bankruptcy);
- Between and among Okra and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Okra also collects, uses, and shares aggregated or anonymised information for any purpose permitted under applicable law.
Third parties access to personal data collected by Okra
Okra may share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements with those entities, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors;
- External professional IT service providers such as Cloud Storage Providers, Data Hosting Platforms etc; and
- Third parties engaged in the course of providing services to you with their prior consent.
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in our policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies, and law enforcement agencies.
Okra may also be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Okra will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before this happens, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Okra stores information collected at licensed and secured locations. Okra also uses a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws, guidelines, and standards.
The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as Amended), the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019, and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for you.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased/deleted, restrict our processing of that information, to stop transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another service provider/organisation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint concerning Okra’s processing of your personal information with a regulatory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, particularly in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
You may wish to inform us of updates to any information you may have with us, you may also request that Okra provides information collected from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where technically feasible. Okra, in accordance with its obligation under relevant laws shall notify you of our compliance with all such requests that you may have made in accordance with your rights under laws.
For any of such request in pursuance of such rights, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfer of your Data
The information we collect about you may be transferred, used, or stored in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers. That means that your information may be transferred to a different country than where it was collected and which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as Nigeria.
The level of Data protection in countries outside Nigeria may be less than that offered within Nigeria. Where this is the case, Okra will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws, guidelines, and standards in Nigeria at the least. Nigerian standard contractual clauses are in place between all Okra entities that share and process personal data.
Where our third-party service providers process personal data outside Nigeria in the course of providing services to us, our written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual clauses on data sharing in accordance with prevailing local and international standards.
Changes to this Statement
Okra may change this Privacy Statement periodically. If we make changes, we will notify you by updating the effective date at the top of this Statement. Okra may also provide notice of any changes through other means, such as placing a notice on our homepage at https://Okra.ng or sending you an email. Okra encourages you to review the Privacy Statement whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with Okra, to stay informed about our data practices and the choices available to you.
Okra Technologies Limited,
100 Adetokunbo Ademola, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Data Protection Officer:
Habib Akinpelu Esq.